The weather is cooling down with the change of seasons comes new menu options at your dinner table and social gatherings. A hearty vegetable quiche is a delicious warm appetizer, side dish or finger food to delight your family and guests alike. And what better quiche can you think of than one with a slew of powerful antioxidant superfoods including Moringa?
Many people avoid making a “homemade” quiche because they don’t want to fool with pie crust. Well, we’re here to say, you don’t have to! It’s what’s inside the matters so buy a pre-made crust and concentrate on the delicious and nutritious filling. We love this Moringa recipe and hope you and yours will too!
Moringa Superfood Antioxidant Quiche
Pre-made pie crust (9 in.)
10 oz. of frozen or fresh chopped spinach
½ cup collard greens, swiss chard or kale
½ cup additional veggies as desired (mushrooms, eggplant, squash)
1 chopped onion
½ cup preferred grated cheese or soy cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese or soy Parmesan
3 chopped garlic cloves
4 eggs or 2 cups egg substitute
½ cup cottage cheese, feta cheese or sour cream
½ cup milk or soy milk
2 tablespoons Moringa Powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Over medium heat, melt butter or margarine in a pan. Sauté onions until cooked, then add spinach, greens and additional veggies, along with the garlic. Stir and cover for approximately three minutes.
- Heat over to 400°F and spray pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. Seal the crust into the pan and trim edges as desired.
- Pour half of the grated cheeses onto the bottom of the crust.
- Add Spinach, greens, veggies and onion mixture on top.
- Beat eggs, creamy cheese (cottage, feta or sour), milk, Moringa Powder and seasonings until blended smooth.
- Pour mixture over vegetables.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then add the remainder of the cheeses to the top.
- Bake for approximately 35 to 40 more minutes until the filling is congealed.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Then cut into wedges and serve warm.
Warm your family and improve their health with this delicious Moringa Superfood Antioxidant Quiche today! Bon Appétit!